Add a Signature!
One great way to encourage people to visit your web site, read your blog, or follow you on Twitter is to add a signature to all of your outgoing email messages. In addition to your name and organization, you can add links for your recipients to click on that lead to these things. Here’s how to do it…
1. From the main Microsoft Outlook window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
2. In the Mail Format tab, click the Signatures button.
3. In the Signatures and stationary window, click New.
4. In the Enter a name for your new signature box, enter a name.
5. Under Choose Default Signature pick the email address you are associating with this signature.
6. In the Signature text box, type the text you want to include in the signature.
7. Highlight the text you would like to link to your web site or blog and click the Insert Hyperlink button (the little globe and chain).
8. In the Address field enter the web address you want to link to. Make sure to add the “http:// ”
9. In the Text to display field make sure the text reads exactly the way you want it to in your signature. Do this after you input the address, because it will change to match the address field when you’re not looking!
10. Click OK.
11. At New Messages and Relies/forwards select the name of your email account.
Click OK and you’re done!
Your signature will now appear at the bottom of all your outgoing emails!
I hope this little tutorial helps! Enter your email address in the subscription box on the right to be notified when more helpful hints are posted!